Lizard's Skin Tattoos are located in multiple locations.
392/1, Prince Anwar Shah Road,
1st Floor of Central Bank,
Opposite South City Mall,
Kolkata, West Bengal - 700045
32, Jagat Banerjee Ghat Road,
Choura Bustee, Shibpur,
Howrah, West Bengal 711102
Kalyani Central Park
Opposite Old Thana, Kalyani, West Bengal 741235
Prices vary greatly depending on artist, size, detail and placement, the best way to obtain an estimate is to either contact us or come by the shop.
The minimum is ₹ 1500 + Tax.
You must be 18+ to get to get a permanent tattoo at Lizard's Skin.
Yes, walk ins are welcome for small tattoos. It's always better to book an appointment for big/medium sized tattoos as we customise the designs for all our clients.
Yes, we require all clients to leave a deposit when making their appointment to be tattooed. Against a deposit, we will be prepared with a customised design & specific time agreed by both parties. Deposits are nonrefundable. If the appointment needs to be rescheduled, 48 hours notice must be given or the deposit will be forfeit.
You just need to mention that to the shop manager and next will be his responsibility.
In order to cancel or reschedule an appointment you must call the shop 48hrs before, during business hours (Noon - 9 PM) so we can replace your slot with another and we can process your refund. Please note that all messages left after 9 PM will not be checked until the following day.
What to expect:
Your tattoo will take about 2 weeks to heal. It will be tender for the first few days, then it will develop light scabs and appear crusty, these will gradually flake off. During this period the tattoo may look ugly and it may seem that the color is falling out with the scabs. Don’t worry, this is normal. The last stage is when the tattoo looks healed but is still waxy or shiny on the surface. The directions below should be followed until the tattoo is fully healed.
- Leave the bandage on for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the bandage and do not re-bandage it. Wetting the bandage while removing it will help prevent it from sticking to your skin.
- Wash your hands, then wash the tattoo firmly using mild soap and warm water, rinse the tattoo off and pat dry. NO SCRUBBING!
- Each day keep the area clean and apply one of the recommended lotions once a day. Don’t keep too much lotion on the tattoo. However, don’t let it dry out completely between applications. Make sure your hands are clean each time you touch your tattoo and never let anyone else touch it.
For the ENTIRE period that the tattoo is healing, use ONLY the lotions that are recommended, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is extremely important. No Vaseline, baby oil, alcohol, alcohol based products, peroxide, mineral oil, bag balm, Vitamin E, Aloe, Noxzema, natural remedies, etc. We also do not recommended Neosporin;. It is not a good product for healing tattoos. Many people have strong reactions to it and often times it actually pulls the color out during the healing process.
Aveeno (fragrance free), Aquaphor, Curel lotion, Cetaphil lotion
On rare occasions some people may develop a reaction to one of these lotions. You will know if you develop bumps or pimples around the area. This is not a problem, wash the area and switch to one of the other recommended lotions. Do not continue using lotion if you have a reaction.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- You can shower as normal. But, for the 2-week healing period do not submerge or soak your tattoo in any way. No swimming, hot tubs, or saunas. It will interfere with healing and can cause infections and scarring.
- Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight for the 2-week period. Keep it covered with clothing.
- Do not pick at the tattoo! Let the scabs fall off naturally. No scratching, rubbing or abuse to the tattoo in any manner.
- Once your tattoo is healed, you may go in the sun but keep in mind the sun rapidly fades your tattoo and if you plan on being in the sun, use sunscreen to protect it. Don’t use sunscreen for at least a month after getting a tattoo and try to test an area to make sure you don’t have a reaction.
Despite constant efforts to ensure all our pigments meet the highest standard of quality and purity, the application of some pigments to some individuals may cause an allergic reaction, due to the sensitivity of the person. Lizard's Skin Tattoos and whoever it may designate as it’s operators, disclaim any responsibility for an allergic reaction of any person to whom the pigment is applied. The tattoo is not guaranteed when you leave the studio. We have given you the very best in art, the very best in color and the tattoo was applied expertly under the most sterile conditions. You are responsible for its care in the next few days. Follow these guidelines and enjoy your new tattoo!
You are allowed to have a friend accompany you to your appointment, we ask that you please limit it to only one guest. During rush hour your guest might have to be own-self in the waiting lounge.
As we believe in custom tattoos, we hire artists with different style of work. Everyone here is experienced and good in their own style of work. Once we know what style you want we will recommend accordingly.
We like to work in a zero compromise zone, it can be hygiene or artwork. Our artists are experienced and highly skilled. We design and try to give unique tattoos to everyone.
When it comes to equipment and hygiene, we proudly use the best quality and brands around the world. Our hygiene measures are more ahead than many in the business.
No definitely not, there are medical reasons for it. We have a strict policy to reject during such conditions. Deposits will be forfeited.
You can if the level isn’t really high, one can get blood sugar level checked for free at our help desk for confirmation.
We don’t recommend getting tattooed during this period.
You can donate blood after 6 months if you get a tattoo from professional/ hygienic tattoo studio.
Yes of course you can, many people have tattoos with sensitive skin.
Yes, against a valid ID card.
No, consultation is absolutely free of charge.
It's okay to get tattooed through out the time of the year. But don’t get it before you go on a vacation to seaside or poolside.
No, we prefer traditional method as thats the safest of all.
Normal healing takes 5 - 10 days (crucial period) but to settle it takes about 1.5 months.
Got more Questions?
Ask us anything and we will get them answered.